Search our virus encyclopedia
Script Injection AVG detects this highly active Script Injection and its 2 known variants.
What is Script Injection?
Script Injection is a security vulnerability that allows an attacker to inject malicious code into dynamic or database driven websites. These injections can result in the download and installation of more malware and unwanted applications on your system, ... Read more
% of global
How can I remove Script Injection?
If you received a pop-up warning for Script Injection while you were surfing a website, chances are that the malware was blocked and there's nothing to remove. However, to stay safe from these kind of threats, it is important to:
- Always keep your Windows operating system up to date
- Always update all other software in your PC
- Never download files from unknown sources or click on emails from unknown senders or spam
- Install an antivirus software that offers complete protection like AVG Internet Security and keep it updated
- Avoid unsafe or suspicious websites that ask you to click on links, complete a survey or download extra plugins to access the content you are looking for
It is recommended to perform a full device scan after dealing with the detection of a threat, to make sure it was successfully blocked and your device is not at risk.
For more detailed advise on more specific situations, please visit to our Virus Removal FAQ section
The results provided by this website are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty as to accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge by using this website that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions available here.